Day 1 of my #newlife30daychallenge.
Once I had made the decision that I had to make some changes in my daily routine to lose weight, the first goal was to drink more water. I am a huge tea drinker, so much so that my boyfriend often says that I should have it on a drip for more convenience! 🙂
I had already managed to cut out the sugar, but the cardiologist had insisted on cutting down on tea. So I decided to make this chart to help me keep track of my tea and water intake.
It’s only when you have to count the glasses/cups that you realize how many you actually drink in a day. I colored my glasses of water blue and my cups of tea brown or green depending on the type of tea.
Why should you drink water?
- It’s calorie free, funny right? but so true! It is very important to cut down/out sodas.
- Drinking a glass of water before a workout will help you burn more calories.
- Drinking a glass of water before your meal will help fill your tummy and at the same time help you eat less.
- Drinking a glass of water before breakfast helps get your body going after an 8 / 10 hour sleep.
- Helps digestion and accelerates the elimination of toxins.
You can print out this chart here and color in or cross off those glasses. Don’t hesitate to tag a friend or repost the photo for your friends to use too.
You can calculate the amount of water you need to drink depending on your weight here, the average recommended quantity is 2L/day.
To make it more fun, don’t hesitate to try out some recipes for detox water. My favorite is with mint, lemon, lime and cucumber. You can find my recipe here.
Let’s get started.